Wednesday, March 26, 2008

WFMW at Rocks in My Dryer

Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer host Works For Me Wednesday every week. I decided to participate this week. When freezing meat like hamburger patties, pieces of cubed steak, sausage patties, etc. , I put them on a metal baking sheet and stick them in the freezer. When they are frozen, I pop them off and put them in Ziploc Freezer bags and put them back in the freezer. Then I can use them individually and not have to thaw out the whole bag. That's what works for me.

7 comments:

Sonshine said...

Welcome! I do this for other things too like pancakes and waffles! It makes life so much easier at my house. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Thats a really good idea....I'm gonna try this too! Thanks!!

Britni said...

When we buy large packages of meat, we either cut it into smaller (1/2-1 lb chunks) or just separate the pieces and put them in Ziploc bags. Basically the same thing and it really does work.

Amy said...

That is a great tip- I need to do this more often- it would make my life a lot easier :)

Unknown said...

Great tip. Thanks for sharing I'm going to use this one.

You can find my tip at:

Laane on the World

Have a great week and an amazing spring!!!

Gettysburg Mom said...

This trick was passed down to me from my in-laws... particularly handy with hamburger when you need that in-between amount. Thanks for sharing!

Jthemilker said...

Hmm... I might have to try that. Thanks!