Thursday, March 27, 2008

Getting Tess!

"I prayed for this child, and God gave me what I asked for." 1 Samuel 1:27 (The Message)

Now let me start from the beginning...
My brother, Brent and his wife Marian have been praying for a child. They have been married 14 years. They have tried everything from temperature to fertility drugs. So last year in January, they decided to apply for a bi-racial adoption. This process has been a difficult one because the case worker was not very efficient (to say the least). Enough said on that topic. Anyway, Marian left on Wednesday morning to go help her mom in Virginia (recovering from knee surgery). On the way (2 hours from her mom's house), she received the call. We have a baby for you. Needless to say, Marian could not even focus on the task at hand because of the excitement and shock that followed. So she really doesn't have a lot of information because the call was like a dream. That being said, they will pick up Baby Tess on Saturday at noon. Please pray for them as they make the 4 hour trip to Florence, SC. They will meet the birth mother (a high schooler) and bring Tess home. Of course, Marian was in on all my births and I will be by her side when she pulls in the driveway Saturday night. We can't wait to welcome this precious baby girl to our family. I talked to Little J about his new baby cousin and how "Aunt and Bubby" are going to get a new baby. He innocently asked me "Where she come from?" This conversation turned out to be a lot less awkward than the normal "where do babies come from conversation" because this time I could honestly say "They are going to pick her up in another town."
Congratulations, Brent and Marian! Can't wait to see your long awaited gift. We love you!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That's so special and exciting...Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted with all the news.....

MoM of 2 said...

This is awesome!! God answeres prayers- when we least expect it! I know you mom will be so happy to have another grand! Congrats to everyone!! Will be praying for them lots- especially Sat- I know it will be hard on the birth mother but God is in control !!

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

So, I am just a bit late for the UBP, but wanted to stop by, and am enjoying taking in your blog.

Congrats to your friends on adopting!

Enjoyed the pictures of your beautiful one-year old big girl!!

We are hoping to add a boy to our three girls sometime soon. Otherwise, I guess we'll have a Little Women family, which wouldn't be that bad!

Southerner said...

That is so exciting that there will be a cousin for your kids. Enjoy the new baby smell:)