Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Brilliant and Quite Persuasive Children

A couple of months ago Gman and Zman came home from school with this persuasive paragraph.


If you can't read this, it says:

Dog Vs. No Dog
I think we should consider getting a dog for a pet. First, it would help me learn to be responsible. I would have to feed it and take it for a walk everyday. Second, it would keep me company when there is no one else to play with. It would also scare away strangers who are up to no good. So you see, having a dog for a pet would be a good thing for our family.


So in January, what did we do?









Meet Lucy! The newest member of our family. She has grown a lot since we got her but she is still a puppy. She is a good dog. But who is learning responsibility by feeding and walking her? Why, Dad, of course!


But I think Little J loves her the most. She nips at him and pulls his clothes and tries to knock him down on the ground so she can get on him and lick him. But today he was sitting at the window and I asked him what he was looking at. And he said, "Our "punny" (funny) puppy, Mommy!"

J was trying to get Lucy to pose for the picture. She didn't cooperate. Maybe that's why they get along so well. They are just alike.

4 comments:

Wani said...

Cute kids! I totally understand what your mom is saying about sticking with nursing awhile longer since you won't have the chance to do it again. I kind of wish I would have gone a little longer the first time... but it was good to have a few months of a break in between babies. Joe's down to nursing three times a day: morning, afternoon and bedtime (and two solid meals in there too). Some days I wish we were ready to wean, and other days I treasure the time I get to cuddle him while he nurses. He's a sweetheart. Anyway, thanks for visiting my humble little blog! Hope to be seeing you!

Michelle said...

This is so cute..we are in the same situation now...our oldest wants a dog and we're trying to hold off to the little one is walking aroung better. I am a firm believer in kids having pets...esp dogs. It's good for their development. Moms and Dads do have all the responsibility though...Watch your kids when good and bad things happen to them and see where they might take their conversations...I bet it's Lucy...So sweet!

Southerner said...

I wish our dog was sweet and punny. Instead we got Satan. My husband has finally agreed to find him a new home after he bit the Direct TV guy, my 17 year old daughters friends multiple times, the little boy next door, a friend the boys had over to play, and tried to attack a kid walking by our car when the window was rolled up. He is fine with our kids but when they come and hug and kiss us good night for some reason the dog attacks them then and nips their butt. I have been over the cute Yorkie long ago but hubbie has taken more time.

Hope you have less pain today. It should get better each day! Always ibuprophen for pain, not Tylenol- Tylenol for fever.

Windy said...

Sounds like something my two little ones would cook up together:) They would love to have a dog, but I don't feel like I can take care of anything else that needs attention right now.