Friday, March 21, 2008

Thursday Table Talk

It's Thursday ( or it was 36 minutes ago). I'm late posting tonight because we had a really busy day and hubby and I got to go out alone tonight. Anyway, I have a recipe that I wanted to share. This recipe was published in our electric co-op magazine. Since the publish, I have had people stop me in the grocery store (we live in a small town) and ask questions about it. I have also had several people call to tell me how good it is. So here it is for you to try:

Chicken Noodle Soup
4-5 chicken breast shredded or 1-2 cans of chicken breasts
1 bag of wide egg noodles
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of evaporated milk
1 stick of margarine
1 can of cream of celery soup
1-2 tablespoons of Mortons Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend
Cook your egg noodles as directed on package. Meanwhile combine all other ingredients except chicken in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and noodles(drained) and simmer for about 15 minutes. This can be prepared ahead of time and stored in refrigerator and put in slow cooker the next day. Cook in slow cooker on low for 3-4 hours.

This is not my original recipe. I don't know where it came from. A friend of mine passed it along to me and it has been a big hit with my family. My kids love it and it is so easy.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm gonna try this one next week...Sounds so good!

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Sounds yummy!