Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jolted Back into Reality

Maybe I should say Slapped Back into Reality. We got back Monday night about 5:30 and it was a whirlwind of business. I had to be somewhere at 7 and Jim took all the kids to Zane's 6:30 football practice. Boy and when this morning came. I was not ready for that.
Anyway, we had a much needed rest and it was way overdue. We had so much fun. We actually got to eat in restaurant that weren't considered kid friendly. No McDonald's. We didn't eat any fast food. We made it down there about 9:45 and it was so refreshing to be alone.

Saturday morning we went Ocean Kayaking. It was a great day to be on the water. There is a little lighthouse that sits int he middle of the sound off of Tybee Island. When the tide is up, the water goes straight to the bottom of the lighthouse. But when the tide is out, you can pull a boat up on the rocks and walk around. That is just what we did.At the top of the lighthouse we ask a kid to make our picture. This was the view looking down from the top. Our kayak is the lone red one.
As we started down, I was a little nervous. There were no rails and you just had to take it slow and easy. Jim snapped this picture. (At the top of these stairs was a wooden ladder that you had to use to climb the rest of the way.)
After we left the lighthouse we paddled aimlessly until we saw a couple of dolphins ahead of us. We started chasing them and just got close enough to get a couple of shots.
I had to include this picture because Jim wants everyone to think he walks on water.
I was only fast enough to get the fin. We realized how far we had chased them and then decided we better start paddling back. We turned in our boat and headed for lunch. We went to Uncle Bubba's Oyster House (Bubba is Paula Deen's brother). It was excellent.
We sat outside on the deck. It was great. There was live music and the food was awesome. We even ordered some fried dill pickles. And...
I got my picture made with Bubba. (A cardboard Bubba.) Bubba was actually there but when they went to find him to send him out to see us, they couldn't. So I guess the cardboard will have to do.

The highlight of my trip was Sunday afternoon. We went to The Lady and Sons (Paula Deen).

It was great. The food was the best southern cooking (in a restaurant) I've ever had. (Sorry, Paula, you still don't have my mom beat.)Jim's favorite part of the meal was the hoecake (For those of you non-Southern people, a hoecake is pan-fried cornbread).Here is a picture of me and Paula (Unfortunately it was cardboard too.)
Jamie and Bobby were going to be there on Monday afternoon from 11-2 but Jim wouldn't let me go back.
Anyway, Sunday night we just hung out at the beach and we did catch a great sunset.
But my very favorite part of the trip was being alone with the man I love. Thanks for the awesome weekend, Jim! I love you!


Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful fund time. Loved your pictures! (Especially the one where Jim walks on water!)  He's good--just like his Dad.

Windy said...

Still jealous, but so glad you had a good time. I want to go there and eat at those same 2 rests! We need some alone time, with 3 kids and MIL constantly here, it is overdue! Tell Jim he's da man!

Michelle said...

I wish I could go...those are some of the same things we did when we went several years ago. You think like me about Paulas place...very good but still not mamas. Uncle Bubbas is fun too...I'm gald you had such a good time and the pictures were great...

Baseballs and Tutu's said...

Oh my....I am SO jealous. I want to go to The Lady and Sons so badly!!!!!!

Guess I'll have to live through you for a while longer :)

Glad you had a good time...always takes a while after you get back to get in the swing of things again.

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

How fun!

And, aren't ya'll just the cutest?

And, I'm so jealous.