Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Garage Sale Finds, Publix, and More

I'm late posting this because we are just so busy. But I did make it to yard sales on Saturday morning.
One of my first purchases was these bar stools. I only paid $3.25 each for them and my kids love them.

At the same sale, I bought these cute little mirrors, the basket, and a wooden bowl. I also bought some baby card kits to make and a light fixture.(Not pictured)
I only paid $9 for all of these things.

One of the local fire departments was having a sale and I bought this little night stand for $2. It has no drawers but I am going to use fabric to cover the holes. I am going to paint for Jack's room.
I also bought several items of clothing throughout the morning but I didn't take the time to take pictures. All in all, I came out pretty good.

I went to JC Penney to buy a Bed in A Bag that I saw on Thursday but they didn't have the size I needed and it can't be ordered. It has taken me a long time to decide what I want to do with the master bedroom in our house. I finally decided and now I can't get the comforter I want. So now, the search is on.

Anyway, Maci Clare and I headed to Publix yesterday morning. I bought $52.00 worth of groceries for $35. It would have been cheaper but the coupon nazi at the cash register would not double 6 of my coupons. Oh well, I guess every little bit helps. Here is what I bought:
4 loaves of Arnold's Wheat Bread
2 Fantastik Anti bacterial Cleaner
2 Land O Lakes Butter tubs
4 bags of Contessa large salad shrimp
2 boxes of Contessa Coconut Shrimp
2 Pillsbury Pizza Crust
2 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
6 Pack of Publix Water (This was the .01 item)
2 bags of Salad mix
2 boxes of Easy Mac
4 Cans of Del Monte Green Beans
2 bottles of Huggies baby wash

Then we went to Ingles, where they also double coupons. I bought:
4 1/2 gallons of milk (on sale this week 2/$3)
8 lbs. of ground chuck
2 lbs. of red seedless grapes
2 pouches of Southeastern Mills Cheddar Garlic Biscuit mix
2 bags of Dry beans
2 boxes of Toaster Strudel
6 boxes of Uncles Ben's rice mix (which ended up being free with coupons)
1 Oscar Mayer Bologna
2 Premium Land o Frost Deli meats

Total before coupons was $59 and total after coupons was $32.

So I did pretty good.

Last night we had a meeting at the school about Gabe's fiddle lessons at 6. Zane had football practice at 6:30. Jim had a cub scout leader meeting at 6:30. And I had a class at 7. So our lives are just too busy.

But at the end of the week, Jim and I are headed to Tybee Island, Georgia, which is right beside Savannah. I cannot wait. We are taking a much needed break. So there is a bright spot at the end of this week.

3 comments:

Windy said...

I just want to say that I am so jealous of your up coming weekend! We have only been away alone once in twelve years!

Unknown said...

Glad you had no hassle about the coupons.

Lots of good finds.

Michelle said...

Those are really good finds...

Have fun...we love that place....