Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Homework Baskets

I bought these cute little dollar store baskets for .25 each at a yard sale with something else in mind but then I decided on this.Homework baskets for each child. They are tagged with each name and have the essentials for completing homework everyday.


We keep them in the entrance hall on the bottom shelf and when the kids come in from school they can grab them and be on their merry way. So far it is working for us.

See more ideas here at Rocks in My Dryer's Works for Me Wednesday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that idea!

Windy said...

You are so good:) All mine get is a cup full of pencils that may or may not be sharpened.

twomoms said...

I just put one of these together for my dd! it has 2 pencils, colored pencils, erasers, crayons, markers and I just came up with this idea like 30 seconds ago, some days she has more home work then others, usually Mondays, and Thursdays, so I am going to start putting a little snack size candy bar in there for days like that, just to make her a little happier!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Okay, now THAT is brilliant.

Heidi Boos said...

This idea kind of makes me want my kids to be old enough for school and have homework. :) I'll be tucking this idea away for future use...

Unknown said...

That's a great idea! And they look so cute.

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva said...

I am loving this idea. I have so many extra school supplies at home, because it is like pulling teeth to remind my sons to bring home their crayon box when they have homework. I have a few empty baskets sitting around the house, so I think I am going to do this project tomorrow. Thank you so much for the idea.

Totallyscrappy said...

I actually sold a bunch of baskets like that in a garage sale and NOW I have a great use for them!
I do have a few dishpans that will serve as homework baskets, though.