Thursday, October 9, 2008

Still Having Walgreen's Problems

I cannot get the hang of Walgreen's. There are so many issues. They do not post the sales and coupons and Register Rewards. I need that so I can be sure it is what the sales paper says it is. I don't like getting to the cash register and finding out that things are not what they appear to be. Anyway, with my list, coupons, gift card, and cash (which was given to me in place of RR a couple of days ago), I headed to Walgreen's.
This is what I did.
My first transaction was:
Glade Flameless Candle on sale for 5.99 and I had a coupon for $5 off. I paid $1.47 OOP and was supposed to get $3 RR but of course, it didn't print. So once again a manager was called and he had to take the receipt and ask someone else and we waited and waited. Finally, when he came back he told me that the RR didn't print because they would be paying me to buy the candle. That just can't be right because the cashier had just told me the RR were not printing for anything. I just said Oh well, it's okay. But he was so kind. I'll tell you why in my next transaction.
Transaction #2:
1 pop up Laundry Hamper $2.50
1 Mesh Shower Organizer $2.50
Manager told me he was taking $1.50 off the hamper and $1.50 off the organizer but in reality he took $2 off.

1 Crest Toothpaste $1.99 used $1/1 Walgreen's coupon and $1/1 Manufacturer's coupon. Free

1 Oral B Indicator Toothbrush $1.99 used $1/1 Walgreen's coupon and .75/1 manuf.coupon $.24

2 Diego Colgate toothbrushes $2.99 ea. Clearanced for $1.50 each but they still charged me full price for both. Jim is going to take them back after work tomorrow and get the refund.

2 boxes of PopTarts 2.99 each B1G1

1 bottle of vitamins $4.99 (which were also B1G1 so I should've bought 2)

So after all was said and done, I still paid $16.62 OOP. I wanted to use the cash that I got back last week in place of the RR so I handed the woman $6 and my gift card. She scanned the gift card first and I ended up not getting to use the cash. Even after I asked her about it before the transaction was complete, she still did it. So she just handed me the money back.

Next, we went to McDonald's and I ordered 2 Hamburger Happy Meals one with chocolate milk and one with a soft drink and an extra chocolate milk. My total should have been $6.33. But it was $5.89. I did not question it because she read my order back to me. When we got our tray there was only 2 chocolate milks. No soft drink. So I asked about it and the manager said, "she didn't ring it up." And guess what she did? She charged me for it. So I thought I just paid too much. My opinion is if they screw up they should fix it free. But that never seems to happen around here.
Anyway, we sit down and pull out our food and, lo and behold, I have 2 cheeseburger Happy Meals instead. So I have to go back because Maci Clare only eats the meat and won't eat it with cheese. So they really should have given me a refund but they just handed me the hamburger. I just ate the cheeseburger. Come on, people! How many mess ups can happen in one day? So after we picked Jack up, we came home where I will mess up my own things.

Am I wrong in saying that if they mess up at the cash register you should not be required to pay again? What if I had only had my debit card? I would've then had to turn around and put a $1.10 on my card. Tell me what you think about that.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You shouldn't be required to pay again...

Girl...you just had on of those bad days...I hate having returns and orders that get screwed up...it is so hard esp. with a little one to get in and out and with me, screw-ups always happen at nap time...

Southerner said...

At what point did you wonder why you got out of bed? I have had these days so I am so sorry for you. Don't give up on Walgreens you will get the hang of it. I have made so many mistakes in learning. When you learn all the little rules you will have the confidence to know when to stand up and exactly what is happening. The manager is really wrong- people are using coupons to get free or paid to buy items all the time. The deal is that when you buy that product you get a RR. The store is reimbursed from Glade for the coupon- they do not lose any money. With confidence you will not be rattled about making sure you do each thing and will be able to notice that the clearance price did not ring up. At first, start slowly, so that you can concentrate on the one transaction. Go back multiple times if necessary so that you can pay attention, or if something is wrong you can just void the transaction and figure it out. Walgreens has been the hardest for me to learn. They are so inconsistant in what the manager or cashier will tell you, different rules at each store, they generally do not understand their corporate coupon policy and many people on Hot coupon world.com have been told that you can't use a coupon to recieve a RR and other things that aren't true. Read through the forums on hot coupon world and watch money saving moms site the see examples of the deals with coupons available.

About the mess up at ol McEDees. Yes, I think they should just correct it free of charge. At BKing we went through the drive thru and ordered sandwiches. We just looked in the bag and counted wrapped burgers and were short so my husband told them we didn't have our chicken sandwich. We were told to pull forward while they got it. When we pulled out the rest of the sandwiches they were wrong and we finally realized that we had the car behind us' order. When they brought our chicken sandwich he asked for the wrong sandwich back- I had opened it and pulled up the top bun seeing if they left off the mayo. We handed it back and we watched them take it in and go straight to the window and hand it to the car behind us. That is REALLY bad and just made me so turned off to going back. I touched it. I think they should NEVER take food back, just take care of the mistake.

Windy said...

I think you are right, but like you, this always happens to me at the worst times.

Stephanie said...

I hate that!!!! I had that happen to me once in an Arby's. They kept on messing up my order. Then after they finally got my food ready they had forgotten my drink so I had to give them my debit card for $1.25

Pissed me off!!!!

Tami said...

I am so glad all of you agree with me. And, Southerner, Walgreen's is not near as easy as CVS. I am going to try a couple more times just because I have that gift card. So I'm not gonna give up. I just hate feeling like I'm obnoxious.