Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No Booby! Literally !

After almost 19 months of nursing Maci Clare, she is finally weaned. Well, sorta! When we went on our special weekend to Savannah, I thought this would be the perfect time to wean her. She would constantly ask for "booby" in public and try to pull up my shirt. I have never been one to be embarrassed to nurse in public ( I nursed all 4 of my children where and when they wanted without hesitation. And I was very discreet. Most people did not have a clue, that I had a baby latched on.) But, come on, when the baby is a toddler and she is screaming out booby and trying to expose you in public, you gotta draw the line somewhere. So, needless to say, I had no relief the whole weekend and my boobs were sore when we got home. But I did not give in. She wanted to nurse almost as soon as I walked in the door. She started asking. And 3 weeks later, she is still asking. My boobs have decreased to the size of golf balls (and I think that is being genreous. I'm sure Jim is quite disappointed.) And Maci Clare is relentless. She cries and screams out "Booby! Booby!" But I am not giving in. It has made it rather difficult at nap time and bed time. There have been several times I have put her in the car and drove until she fell asleep just to keep her from asking to nurse. The boys were not nearly as persistent. Once it was gone, it was gone! So any suggestions on how to make her forget? Or do I just keep telling her no and let her cry it out?

By the way, you need to check out my giveaway here and leave a comment on that post by Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe a new BIG Girl Cup would help her transition.

Yes, Moline, Illinois the John Deere Pavillion and Collectors plus their store. The kids had great fun! It was only about 1 1/2 hours away from our home.

Thanks for your support about our 4 year old. I was asked this morning if I brought him home a tractor. My answer was no - I couldn't give him a treat because then he would not have the opportunity of learning from this.

Michelle said...

girl...don't give in now. I still have to get Abby off the bottle and passy. I have already waited too late...I justify it by telling myself I'll do it when she gets in all of her molars...the girl needs some satisfication right?

Good for you..hold your ground!

Unknown said...

I say let her cry. I know it's hard, but it must be done. If she can say "booby," and demand it, it's definitely time, girl.

Heidi said...

That is hilarious! Yeah I am not looking forward to that part of breastfeeding. I love your blog. Isn't it great to keep everyone updated through these things. If you haven't and have a chance check out ours. See ya!