Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I know as a Christian, I'm not supposed to love Halloween but I do. This is one of my favorite days of the year. I love everything about it. Yes, we do let our children dress up and we do trick or treat. I know that there are lots of churches (especially around here) that do the Halloween alternative thing but we don't. We do, however, trick or treat at my parents' church (they call it Trunk or Treat) but we also go downtown and go from house to house. Anyway, this is the first year that I have not had to get all creative and try to make and buy different pieces of costumes. I spent a total of $4. Maci Clare is going to be a skunk. The skunk costume was made by my mother in law (thanks, MIL) for Gabe when he was 1. All of my children have worn the costume so I just couldn't break the tradition. And it is sooooo cute.
Jack is going to be a the big, bad wolf, which is also a hand me down costume from Zane. Zane is going to be a Army soldier and Gabe is going to be a hunter. Of course, our house is covered with camo stuff so we had that covered. The only thing I had to buy was an Army hat and I found one in a thrift store for $4. So we are ready and the kids are excited. I am going to try to get some good costume pictures tonight before we leave so I will post them this weekend.
I made cupcakes for Gabe's class last night and we carved three pumpkins.The older boys cleaned out pumpkins. Gabe is always trying to make goofy faces in my pictures.

Jack "helped" his daddy carve was quickly bored with it.
Maci Clare was not interested in cleaning or carving but she did try quite a few bites of pumpkin.
Here are two or the three we carved. The one Zane carved was a little bit to dark to get a good picture.
This is Jack's. It is a silly bat.
This is Gabe's. It is 4 silly ghost.
I think they turned out really cute. But the boys were up really late so they will be tired today at school.
After the kids were in bed, I made these cute cones to hold candy for the teachers. I thought they turned out cute. The idea came from Skip to My Lou. You should really go over and see all her crafty ideas.

If you don't celebrate Halloween, you don't know what you're missing. If you do, have a great time tonight. Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Have a great time tonight!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Windy said...

We didn't even carve our pumpkins this year - usually they rot because it is so warm, and this year it was cool and it would have been perfect!

This year, I decorated more than I ever have and have totally enjoyed it!

Kennedy is Charpay (HSM) and Karson is a vampire and we will Trick or Treat here in our neighborhood. Mt Airy has about 2,000 kids show up at their Trunk or Treat and that is too big a crowd for me:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Holloween to you, too! Since I was gone this week, just now had a chance to catch up on your blogs. Love all the pictures. It was great to say "Hi" to all. Love from MT. A

Windy said...

I tagged you if you have time to play.

Julie said...

I'm a Christian that celebrates Halloween, too :-) I think all things can be used for good. We had a great time. We went to our church's Trunk or Treat on Wednesday and tonight we went to Honea Path (do you know where that is? LOL!) to trick or treat up and down main street and some door to door. Lots of fun and WAY too much candy. I hope ya'll had fun. BTW...GREAT pumpkins!

Jennifer said...

Hello! LOVE you pumpkins, as you already know! Did y'all have a good time tonight? I have read your blog for a little while. Justin even checks it out sometimes cause he thinks it's cool to see someone he knows. He couldn't decide how to carve his pumpkin, so I showed him these and he wanted to do the bat. Thanks for the inspiration!

Stephanie said...

I love the new animation chasing the turkey around!!!

I left you an award over on my blog :)