Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Curled Up With A Good Book...

Right here!!!

That is what I wanted to do this morning when I awoke to pouring rain. But instead I went out in the pouring rain, trying to take kids to school and Maci Clare to the doctor for a high fever which I thought was an ear infection but turns out it's not. (Boy, that was a sentence, wasn't it? I'm not even sure about grammar and punctuation in that sentence so let's just pretend it's okay.)

This is what Maci Clare did all day yesterday.
But there was a bright little ray of sunshine to our day. We went to Starbuck's where we had the perfect bowl of oatmeal (free, I might add) and a nice Venit White Chocolate Mocha Latte. AWESOME. BTW, the perfect bowl of oatmeal is just a package of instant oatmeal and they give you little packs of brown sugar, dried fruit, and nuts. I decided I can make it at home for a lot cheaper so I probably would never pay for it. But it was really good on this cold, rainy morning.

Next, we made a stop at Old Navy to buy a couple of Halloween t's. I got 3 for $15. Can't beat that. When we were leaving Old Navy it started raining really hard and I did not have an umbrella. So, needless to say, we were pretty wet.

Then I made a stop in Greenville that I don't normally make. I went to the Flower's Bakery Thrift Store. I was told to go in and ask for the $3 or $5 cart of bread. So I did. OMG! We now have bread in two freezers, a lot saved for feeding ducks (I'm still trying to find room for in another freezer, some on the counter top, and a box for Jim to take to work tomorrow to give away. It was a Walmart-sized shopping cart filled to the rim with different kinds of bread. I did save the bagels (5 bags), 2 packs of party rolls, 1 pack of Hoagies (for Philly Cheesesteaks), 2 loaves of Organic whole wheat, 2 loaves of White Sandwich bread, and 1 loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread. I think next time I'll try the $3 cart. But, for now, the ducks will have a feast.

When I got back to town, I realized that I had not gone to Publix (in our neighboring town) to pick up Maci Clare's medicine. So I went in Walgreen's and had the prescription transferred and it was awesome. Because our Walgreen's is new, they had a coupon for a $25 gift card for a new or transferred prescription. So I paid OOP $6.83 for the medicine and received a $25 card. I will put that thing to good use tomorrow morning (only if it is not raining).
When I finally got home, I was so wet I had to change clothes. So much for curling up with a good book. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just love rainy days...they are my favorite!!!!

They had said it was supposed to rain all day today too but now they're just calling for showers. Hope it starts soon though!

Hope Miss. Maci Claire is feeling better!!! Love the pic...she's just adorable.

When you get to curl up with a book read some for me because I can't remember the last time I was able to do that!

Windy said...

I did that yesterday, in addition to lots of computer time. It was perfect and I didn't even feel guilty about not doing any housework. Hope MC feels better today!

Julie said...

I was running all over Greenville in the rain, too. I'm glad for the rain, but what a yucky day to be out. Don't you just LOVE all that bread? The first time I did it I got $5 cart, too. My freezer wouldn't hold it all; I was so happy to be able to share. I'll try the $3 cart next time, too.